As a network marketer working from home online, lines blur. Work and life merge. It can be pretty crazy. Juggling roles, growing your business, and managing your time.
Just some of the daily activities of an online network marketer include:
Content creation, replying to comments, leaving comments, engaging with others, having conversations, checking notifications, replying to emails, speaking to prospects, following up, making new friends, building your audience…
Creating your website, setting up your funnel. Capture pages, lead magnets, sales pages, order fulfilment, getting new team members started… etc, etc…
And you’re expected to do it all in just a few hours per day around your existing commitments.
Feeling overwhelmed yet?
You’re not alone.
But what if I told you there are a handful of ways to help you increase your productivity so you get more done in less time… without distraction, lack of focus and interruption?
A way to get things under control.
These 10 top tips will help you have more success, not stress.
Think of these as your ten commandments. Ten top tips designed to help you focus, boost productivity, and get back in control.
Cleaning up your digital mess. Setting clear boundaries with your family. Making your workspace a sanctuary for success.
Watch the “10 Top Tips for Eliminating Distraction” Training (13:31)
- On Your Computer – Create ONE (1) Main Folder on Your Desktop and move all other files and folders from your desktop into it so you only have ONE folder on your desktop!
- Turn Off Your Browser Notifications to ensure you are not reacting to Social Media. It’s time to take back CONTROL over your life. (Follow this article – https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/blog/disable-browser-notifications/16293/ or search for “How to disable browser notifications” in Google).
- Turn Off Push Notifications on Your Mobile Device, or if you find that hard to do… turn your phone onto silent and turn it upside down so it doesn’t distract you. (Follow this article – https://kinsta.com/blog/turn-off-push-notifications/ or search for “How to turn off push notifications for _________” then insert your device name such as iPhone or Android etc.)
- Set Boundaries And Expectations With Your Family. Tell them you will be busy and unavailable between a certain time, and after that you will spend focused and uninterrupted time with them. And stick to your word.
- Close Your Door. If you have a spare room to work from, close your door and possibly put a sign on the outside of it to say you are busy working. Make sure everybody in the house knows not to disturb you when your door is closed except in an emergency.
- Set Yourself Up For Business! If possible set yourself up with a desk, or go to a specific place where you will conduct your business properly and professionally. No more laying in bed on your phone on Social Media without a purpose. A desk, a table, a chair in an upright position and on purpose.
- Clear Your Desk or Workspace: Remove all papers, pens and stuff which you do not need for your routines / DMO’s out of sight.
- Use Social Media WITH A PURPOSE. No more mindless browsing, and reacting to notifications. Everything you do should now have a purpose and a reason behind it. Take back control of your life!
- Stop Reacting To Social Media Notifications. If a little red notification pops up in your notifications, IGNORE IT until your next routine / DMO. If a little red notification appears in your messages. IGNORE IT until your next routine / DMO. Get good at resisting the urge to be manipulated by the Social Networks.
- Notice Yourself and Stop Clicking Adverts or Links whilst you are doing your routines and DMO’s. You can do it later in your downtime, but not whilst you are working.
Install some of these strategies in your life and watch what happens. Yes, there’s a multitude of other strategies you can implement, such as calendars, schedulers, and software, but these ideas will help you get started so you can take your life back from social media.
These tips aim to make you more productive and help you earn more income from the time you spend working.
This will then allow you to enjoy the rest of your day, spend more quality time with the people you love, and pursue the activities you want to without being pulled in multiple directions.
Remember, you shouldn’t be a slave to your phone or computer anymore.
Come back to this guide every week or so until you’ve successfully implemented all these ideas into your life and business.
You Are Welcome to Share This Article and Video
If you know anyone who you feel would benefit from this article and video to help grow their business, you are welcome to share the link with them. 🙂
To your success!
~ Gavin Mountford & The Networking Superstars